6.04.2009

Oh sheesh.

Well I haven't posted in a while, kinda because I'm lazy, kinda because I'm busy, and kinda because I didn't wanna! Today is going to be a jumble of things.

Summer has officially started and I am already having so much fun. Our pool opened on Memorial Day and we have basically been there everyday since. Goooood times. Pride is this weekend and I am super excited! I am finally 21, surrounded by a good solid group of friends, and ready to paint the town rainbow! Not only that, but I feel that equality is coming, I see it and feel it all around me. Yesterday, New Hampshire became the 6th state to legalize gay marriage. Yeah yeah, 6 down, 44 to go, but it's progress!! I really feel like Pride this year is going to be amazing! Friday we are going to the white party at the Paper Moon. I've always heard so much about it and I am SO excited to be going finally. No Sound this year, thank Buddah. Sometimes I just can't handle it! Saturday I'm not sure what we're doing but no matter what, I know I'll be with my baby girl and that's most important! Sunday is the parade and I think it'll be the best one yet! Obviously Manda and I will be there with our gays but we've got a bunch of straight supporters coming out this year too, including Heather, Jaymee (and Gianna) and Jes! I am SO excited about that. Also, I may or may not be in a rainbow toga. Look out for pictures!

Also coming up is Manda and my 1 year official anniversary. Holy shit. This has been one of the greatest years of my life and the 6 months leading up to it were amazing as well! I am very lucky to have found someone as compassionate as her. She moves me, she inspires me, and she constantly keeps a smile on my face. I am always happy with her. And that is an amazing feeling. She truly makes me proud and no doubt I will be keeping that in mind this weekend.

So I will leave you with a few songs I've been listening to a lot lately. I hope you enjoy : )

City And Colour-Hello, I'm in Delaware. I want to throw Dallas Green in the air and punch him, that's how much I love him. He's a very talented musician and I can't stop listening!




Manchester Orchestra-Wolves at Night. I LOVE this song so much. I really dig this band. Andy Hull sounds a lot like Brian Molko of Placebo to me, maybe that's what first caught my attention. But I really like their sound and am enjoying finding my favorites!




Kings of Leon-Revelry. This song is seriously SO amazing. KOL are one of my favorites of all time and I just cannot say enough about this song. It's so soothing and beautiful and has some GREAT lyrics. If you haven't put Only By The Night on your iPod, it's high time you do so.




Coheed and Cambria-God Send Conspirator. This one is not new by any means, it's been my favorite song by Coheed for years. I'm finally getting back into reading the Armory Wars and trying to understand the story that Claudio is trying to tell so I've been listening to them a lot more. And by the way, the Neverender concert series was AMAZING and I believe the DVD is available for purchase on Amazon...just sayin ; ) P.S. am I the only one that loves when Claudio pulls his hair back?! <3

No comments: