4.03.2009

What I'm Listening to Today

Happy Friday! I've been slacking for the last few weeks, my bad!

So lets get to it. This week I've been listening to all kinds of random stuff. So I'll probably pick a few, since my sister did as well.

Who even likes American Idol? I do not. BUT, I watched the Salt Lake auditions like I do every season. Because maybe I'll see someone I know. Well this year I did, kinda. And she made it to the top 9! Her name is Megan Joy. I met her at a Halloween party and she was dressed as Kat Von D and told us the story of the fairy tale tattoo on her arm. That was the only time I ever met her, so at first I couldn't quite figure out where I'd seen her, but then Gene reminded me. So I kinda followed her up until Tuesday when she was kicked off. I'm glad she didn't win. Because I don't want her to be pigeon-holed to being the winner of American Idol. She's got amazing talent and I think she could do some really awesome stuff. So here is Megan Joy singing Patsy Cline's Walkin After Midnight, one of my favorite songs EVER.

Megan Joy Corkrey-Walkin After Midnight


I love love love Minus the Bear. And I think anyone would have a hard time arguing with the fact that this is an amazing song.

Minus The Bear- Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse


This song is by Death Cab for Cutie. I saw them when they came with Tegan and Sara (or rather when T&S came with them) and eventhough I didn't see the whole show, that's when I realized that these guys are some serious performers! Especially the bass player, he dances so crazy! I love the bass intro to this song, I love the lyrics, the message, the feeling, I love everything about it!

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart (Live In Studio)


Ok, I'm done now. Heather, take it away!

Hello Kylee lovers. It’s the big sister because it’s Friday and I don’t want to work. As long as I’m typing though, it looks like I’m still working so bare with me. Much like my emotions, I’ve been listening to a cluster of different stuff so I actually have a song for five different genres.

Country- Lady Antebellum- I Run To You
This is such a cute song and I think it goes well with these trying economic times. Roaring twenties anyone? (That was for Reggie. Haha.) If you like country, check out this whole album. It’s cute.



Emo- Spill Canvas- Self-conclusion
I haven’t listened to these guys for a good year or so but for some reason, I haven’t been able to stop listening to this song. Maybe because I play the story out in my head. I don’t know but I like it. And maybe I wish someone would jump off a cliff. What?


(Kylee says: random video I know, but I thought it was fun! haha)

Oldies- Sam Cooke- Frankie & Johnny- So the story in this song is pretty messed up but if I ever get my hot body I’m striving for and the tattoos I want, I’m trying out to be a Slippery Kitten and my audition dance will be to this song. And if I make it, this will be my debut dance too. Ha.



Pop- Varsity Fanclub- Future Love- Because there is just something about a future love. I think about it everyday.




So there you go. A blog full of music! This should last me for the next month or so, but don't worry, I'll be back next week : ) Wanna be a guest? You know the drill! Email me at kybeetigerface@hotmail.com

No comments: