2.20.2009

What I'm Listening To Today

I absolutely love Citizen Cope. You can't even understand. His voice, the beats, his lyrics-all good things. The first song I ever heard by him was a song called "Salvation". Don't listen to that song when you're already having a rough day ok? You'll just end up sobing into a pillow and questioning your whole life. Not that I did that. I'm just saying...Ahem, anyway. Some songs that I highly suggest you check out are Sideways, Back Together, Sun's Gonna Rise, and Let The Drummer Kick. For now, here is my pick for the week, Bullet and a Target. This song has been featured in TV shows such as HBO's Entourage, Sleeper Cell, and Cold Case. It has also gotten some play in a few movies like Alpha Dog, Trust the Man, and 16 Blocks. It's got some pretty serious lyrics with lines like

"People wanna bomb us
More people gotta scatter and run from us
You can blame it on Zeus and Apollo and Adonis"

and a beat that will without a doubt have you bobbing your head. Hope you enjoy!




As usual, if you wanna add what you're listening to for next week, send me an email to kybeetigerface@hotmail.com!

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: