2.27.2009

What I'm Listening to Today

Hey hey hey. Hope everyone has had a fantastic week so far! I've had a very interesting week concerning music. I've finally got a few stations going on Pandora.com and I'm finding all kinds of killer music! So I'm having a hard time deciding what song to pick for this week. So guess what? I'm picking 2. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! ; )

My first pick is called Penelope by Pinback. Whenever I listen to this song I can't get it out of my head! It's quite a calm song with some pretty interesting lyrics. My favorite part of the song is:
It’s depressing me
To see you struggle
I’m treading water with my oars
Glass galeons anchored, oceans floor
I’m diving down with all my gear
In search of treasure, para mi corazon


So here is that song. Enjoy!


My 2nd pick for this week is from Band of Horses. Why I was not introduced to this band earlier is almost a crime. I LOVE them! Ben Bridwell's voice (the lead singer)has been compared to My Morning Jacket singer Jim James, Neil Young, and The Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne. Some songs I suggest you check out are Our Swords, The Funeral, and Weed Party. This song is called The Great Salt Lake, so I can imagine you can guess what caught my attention? ; ) Enjoy!






As always, if you have a suggestion for me or want to be a guest, email me at kybeetigerface@hotmail.com.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: